Home Forums The Community newbie

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DrT 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

babycooper1
    Participant

my daughter rylee (19 mths) had to fubile convisions on tuesday these where her first the first one she was very stiff the second floopy both with temps of over 40 both lasted about 1 minute we spend the night in hospital as they said it was rare to have 2 in such a short period of time

no we are home i have found some questions that i didnt ask in the hospital she seems like she has sore joints will she she also has issues with acid reflux and food intolerance (dairy and soya) which we use wheat bags to help can we still use this or do we try something else
    thank you

babycooper1
    Participant

also could it caue a reflux flare

DrT

Hi,

It is rare to have 2 seizures in such short time but it definitely happens, and is then classified as a complex seizure. And a temperature over 40 is certainly very high.

Sore joints are definitely something to be concerned about as high temperature and sore joints are 2 of the signs of meningitis … so did you get them to check her out for that?

Tim

babycooper1
    Participant

We put the sore joints down to dehydration as she had a gasto bug the week before and didnt drink for 5 days which caused the uti which caused the fits she now has a chest infection but is so much happier in herself

The second fit was different from the first is that normal the first was very hard she locked her jaw and stuff the sceond she was very floppy

DrT

Ok, that’s great!

We did learn that a good home test for meningitis is if the child can place their chin on their chest to look down without any discomfort …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.